My Blog List

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Canada Gold Silver in Woman's Bobsled

"Money is like manure; it's not worth a thing unless it's spread around encouraging young things to grow. "
from "The Matchmaker" Thornton Wilder

Today as I left work I peeked in the window of a bar to see the score in Canada/Russia hockey game. Score was 2/0 in Canada's favour Woohoo. I knew something good had to happen today.
When I got home I watched the rest of the game, 7/3 in our favour, the first time Canada has beat Russia at Olympic hockey in 50 years. Then we win gold / silver in woman's two man's Bob, and a silver in woman's speed skating. What could be better than that Woohoo Canada.
There is an old bell on display on the street I put my Loonie inside on the piece that hits the wall of the bell. I don't know what you call that piece, but if someone goes to ring it they will be a dollar richer. I am sure someone is ringing it tonight to honour all of fantastic medal wins.
The Calgary Tower is lite up to honour the medals. Every time we win a medal the flame is lite for the whole city to see. ( Calgary hosted the 1988 Olympics and the tower was lite with the Olympic Flame)

Act of service for the day: volunteer to help or donate to a children's sport program

No comments: