My Blog List

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Charity of Choice

"I have spoken of a thousand points of light, of all the community organizations that are spread like stars throughout the Nation, doing good" George H.W. Bush

I am a member of the Canadian Progress Club Elevate. Tonight our club had 3 presentations from possible charity partners. All three had very compelling stories of the people they help. How do you chose between one or the other. Which ever we as a club chose will be our charity of choice for the next 3 years. I wish we could raise enough money to support all three.

Being that I was in this environment tonight. I decided that it was a good place to leave my Loonie. So I left it in the room where we met for someone to find on the wood panelling.

The first week I started to give away my loonies I left one in the leg of a table in my condo lobby. That Loonie has been there for at least a month and finally today someone took it. Yippee!!!!!!

Act of service for the day: volunteer at a woman's shelter.

No comments: