My Blog List

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

GO Canada GO

"Many people despise wealth, but few know how to give it away" Francois De La Rochefoucauld

Happy Tuesday!
My friend Aubrey informed me today that the Olympic event she went too was so busy she couldn't find a place to leave her Loonie so she said she will leave it in The Olympic Plaza in Calgary. The Olympic Plaza was built for the Calgary 88 Olympics. Each evening the public could go down to the Plaza and see the medal ceremonies for the winners of each event.

Being the Olympics I wanted to leave my Loonie in a sports related environment. So I went into the Mountain Equipment Co-op to find the snowboarding stuff to honour the two medals we have won in snowboard related events. To my surprise they didn't have any snow board equipment. So I found the ski boots and slipped the Loonie inside a pretty purple pair. That pair is now a dollar off lol.

An act of service for the day: Take in your neighbour's trash can even if they are able, but especially if they are not.

No comments: