My Blog List

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Olympic Plaza





"I have found that among its other benefits, giving liberates the soul of the giver".
Maya Angelou
I earlier wrote that I left a Loonie in the wrapper of a chocolate bar. I won't be doing that again. There is a grocery chain here that has had someone tampering with food in the store. This person has been pitting pins etc in food. They don't know who is doing it. But it scared me that maybe I shouldn't have left the Loonie.I don't want to get in trouble for trying to do something nice lol.
Today was a lovely day in Calgary and I thought I would go down to the Olympic Plaza and go ice skating. While I was there I checked on my Loonie I left yesterday. I watched as some tourists walked right by the plaque I left the Loonie on top of. They stopped and looked at another plaque above the Loonie. They didn't see the Loonie and either has anyone else because it is still there.
So as you can see in the picture above I left the Loonie in the Olympic Rings in the railings at the Plaza.
I was in the office today and asked my co-worker if he found the Loonie I left in his office a few weeks ago. He said "no, but going to ripe my office apart tomorrow and find it". We shall see lol
Act of Service for Today: bring hot meals to the homeless living on the streets.

2 comments:

Heather said...

i love the picture.

After I left the grocery store today, I thought that I should have paid for a shopping bag and told the sales lady to give it free to the next person who needed a bag. Will remember that for next time.

Nancy said...

thats a good idea Heather and a nice one :)