My Blog List

Friday, February 19, 2010

Speed Skating




"Anticipate charity by preventing poverty; assist the reduced fellow man, either by a considerable gift or a sum of money or by teaching him a trade or by putting him in the way of business so that he may earn an honest livelihood and not be forced to the dreadful alternative of holding out his hand for charity. This is the highest step and summit of charity's golden ladder." Maimonides

Happy Friday
As I sat at work today I thought where can I leave my Loonie that would somehow relate to the Olympics, a light bulb went off. The Calgary Olympic Plaza. Behind the stage are little monuments for each sport of the 1988 Games. Each stone states the medalists for each event. Canada has won many medals in snowboarding, but that was not heard of in 88. Canada just won a gold medal in speed skating so I left my Loonie on the top of the speed skating plaque.
My little tribute to our Gold medal

Act of Service for today: organize a food drive in your office or neighbourhood.

1 comment:

Heather said...

great choice for today. again.