My Blog List

Monday, March 8, 2010

"Gratefulness is the key to a happy life that we hold in our hands, because if we are not grateful, then no matter how much we have we will not be happy -- because we will always want to have something else or something more." David Steindl-Rast

Snow was whipping down and the wind was blowing as I left the office today. I found a hole in the wall of the Fishing and tackle shop to put my Loonie for the day. About 200 metres later I was crossing the street and heard my name called and there was Tom who I hadn't seen in about 9 months. He yelled out do you want a ride home. Yup I sure did to get out of the cold. I figured I was getting something back for leaving my Loonie.
On Saturday I was walking downtown and had just left 3 dollars in various places and then for the first time since I started to give away Loonies a homeless person asked me for spare change. I would have given him my Loonie but had none left. So when he said do you have spare change I honestly could answer I just gave it all away.

Act of service for the day: teach someone something you are skilled in.

No comments: