My Blog List

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

One for the charity


My laptop is still giving me grief. I can't complain too much really because she is 11 years old now and that is pretty old in laptop years. But Windows 98 is just NOT cutting it. Talk about being out of date lol.
On Monday as I walked home from work I was thinking where was I going to leave my dollar and i remembered I used to jog past a sculpture garden on the Bow River. So I walked home the scenic way and this sculpture had what looked like a little dish on top of the woman's head. Perfect spot for a Loonie. So there the Lucky Loonie sits.
On Tuesday I decided that I would leave a dollar in the hallway outside my office and see how observant my co-workers are. So as you can see I put the Loonie on the top rim of the picture frame. I want to see how long it takes before someone looks up there. It may be the cleaners that find it first if they decide to dust. So will check when I am back in the office tomorrow.
Tonight I was at my Progress Club meeting (service club) we have a Sargent at Arms during the meeting that charges members infractions during the meeting then they are charged. I put my Loonie for today towards the pot of money today for the charity.
Act of Service for the day: volunteer at the Red Cross


1 comment:

Heather said...

thats a great place to leave a loonie.