My Blog List

Monday, March 22, 2010

Travelling
















"You say grace before meals. All right. But I say grace before the concert and the opera, and grace before the play and pantomime, and grace before I open a book, and grace before sketching, painting, swimming, fencing, boxing, walking, playing, dancing and grace before I dip the pen in the ink." G.K. Chesterton

I was very fortunate on the weekend that I got to travel to British Columbia to the Fairmont Hot Springs and to Banff.

On the drive threw the mountains to Invermere we stopped at the Continental Divide as seen in the picture of the mountain with the Alberta and BC flags and the sing post showing the division of the two provinces and the two national parks. What a perfect place to leave a Loonie. There is a cement marker and one side in Alberta and one BC so I left my dollar on the marker in the middle of the two provinces.

On the way home we stopped in Banff to have a break. I left my loonie on the tourist information sign.

What good thing happened to me today. I need to collect money for a bowl a thon this Friday to support big brothers and big sisters and I raised $50 from the first 3 people i asked. I am sure I will do well from the generosity of my co-workers this week.

A co-worker came into my office today and said why is the Loonie on your desk. I said " oh I give one away everyday" I said that " you get what you give in life, but you can't give away things in hope that you will get something back. you have to just do it because you want to." He totally agreed.


Act of service for the day: shovel your neighbours driveway and or sidewalk.






1 comment:

Heather said...

haven't gone bowling in ages. Have fun with that.