My Blog List

Saturday, March 6, 2010

A Twoonie








"Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful." Buddha
I have been so busy at night I got home and remember I haven't left my Loonie contribution for the day. So today I went for a walk downtown and passed Millennium park. The tower in the picture was built to count down the new Millennium. Now it is a weird clock. Since I didn't have 3 Loonies I left a Twoonie at the base of the tower.
I continued my walk and stopped to look at the iron chess player. There was a perfect spot to leave my Loonie for the day in his sleeve. See the picture.
My Loonie in my office is still there. Wonder how long it will take to find.
They say if you give things away with out expecting things back you will receive things yourself. Well this week I realised that my running shoes I was wearing to walk to work has come to the end of their life. I figured I needed a new pair. Well two days later I get a gift card in the mail for some new type of walking shoe/runner that because of design gives you added benefits for muscle development etc when you wear them. A big discount just when I needed it.
My DVD player is not playing a clear picture when I use it. So I thought there is another expense. Then a few days later I get a letter in the mail from Presidents Choice Banking saying I have a $100 credit for use at the Superstore. Voila enough money there to buy a new DVD. So things do come your way when you don't expect them too.
Act of service for the day: feed and support the elderly

1 comment:

Heather said...

good karma.

have you left a loonie with the tea cup/party ladies?