My Blog List

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter




"Wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving." Kahlil Gibran





I am sorry I have been slack in writing in my blog but I haven't been slack in giving away my Loonie. I have been home two night in the last two weeks. Somehow I attracted to me all this activity and social outings. Even today I am to go out soon for Easter lunch/dinner.


I was walking home Good friday from the Movie (Hot Tub Time Machine - Pretty Funny and you have got to love that John Cusack lol) and I was thinking what am I going to write about today?


Well I went into the Co-op grocery store to get two things. I picked a line up that wasn't too long. Then the guy in front of me who happened to also be cute said "oh why don't you go ahead you don't have much." I said "thanks and wished him a happy Easter." Then I walked home with a big smile on my face. It's really is the little things that mean the most and so easy to do every day, remember that.
My friend Aubrey had gone to the winter games to watch speed skating and she was going to leave a loonie there but in the excitement of it all she forgot so she recently went for a walk and left that same loonie in the tree in the picture above.
I left my Loonie yesterday with a Canadian War Vet who I saw in a wheelchair decorated with Canadian flags, stories and articles. Seemed like the perfect place.
PS the loonie on the picture frame at work is still there.

And of course the act of service for today: next time you are shopping let someone ahead of you in line that only has a few items you will make their day:)

1 comment:

Heather said...

I gave away a twoonie yesterday. While waiting for a light, an elderly gent was standing with a sign asking for some help. The lady in the car in front of me gave him some fruit she had and he carefully put it in his pack. When I got up to him, I gave him a twoonie and wished him well.