My Blog List

Friday, April 9, 2010

Karma

"Kindness trumps greed: it asks for sharing. Kindness trumps fear: it calls forth gratefulness and love. Kindness trumps even stupidity, for with sharing and love, one learns." Marc Estrin


It is usually me that gives away a dollar a day. Yesterday at work I had wanted to buy a stamp to mail a card. I asked my co-worker if he had a Loonie or Twoonie that I could borrow. He eventually walked over with 4 quarters so I could go downstairs and get a stamp. Just when he came over and dropped them on my desk my other co-worker passed by and heard it all and dug in his pocket and said what do you need. This is just Karma in the works. If you are good to others then others are good to you. What goes around comes around. But you may receive from someone totally different than the person you were good too.

Today I went to the video store to rent a movie to watch tonight. I went to find one of my favourite movies "UP" and left my Loonie behind it.

Act of Service for the day: the next time you are out in public do something nice for someone even if it is just telling someone that they look nice. Try to do a simple random act of kindness everyday. It will make you feel great. i.e. When Canada won the gold medal in hockey I ran into some friends and walked down the Red Mile with thousands of other people high fiving each other. There were many cops on the street and who doesn't like to look at a man in uniform? Well I went up to one I thought was really cute and told him he was the best looking cop on the Mile. You should have seen the smile on his face. He was really happy. I am sure he felt good for a long while. It was worth doing and cost me absolutely nothing to do.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I can just imagine you saying that right to him. Thanks for the giggle. Today I am going to a concert that one of the kids from my fencing group is involved in. She plays trumpet. Should be fun and hopefully they will be good. either way, its very encouraging for my young friend.