My Blog List

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Roll up the Rim




"Joy is a heart full and a mind purified by gratitude." Marietta McCarty


My co-worker told me a story relating to the roll up the rim contest at Tim Horton's. (after you drink your coffee you roll up the rim of the cup and you could win a prize). A man in Calgary found a bag of ripped off parts of rims that all had winning prizes on them. They must have come from a local Tim Hortons garbage. Anyway he took the bag and went to a local drop in centre and gave the winning pieces to the cleints at the centre so they could go claim a winning donut or coffee etc. Tim Hortons heard of it and thought the man did such a good thing that Timmy's made a donation to the drop in centre. I thought that was such a great story. The man could have been greedy and kept them all for himself but yet he shared and many people benefitted from it.

Last weekend my friend Aubrey and myself went to Fernie BC for a ski weekend. On the way back we stopped in Sparwood BC to see the world's biggest vehicle. This dump truck is gigantic. anyway we left my Loonie for the day in the tire as you can see in the picture. I also left a loonie in the back of someone's pick up truck in the parking lot of our hotel and one at the Fernie Museum.
I will be leaving for Mexico next Saturday and probably won't get much chance to get to my blog but will try. I am not sure what to do about giving away loonie's while there. Should I give away a real Loonie or maybe an American dollar or the equivalent of a dollar in peso's everyday or just a lump sum donation to a charity in Mexico. Any thoughts would be appreicated.
Act of service for the day: it's spring and I know our streets have garbage all over after the winter. Go for a walk with a garbage bag and gloves and pick up garbage along your street.


1 comment:

Heather said...

I think you should make a donation to a school or a library while you are on vacation. They don't get government fund like we do. Don't forget to take the greenand black jelly beans.